In August of 1871, fifteen acres of land was purchased for the purpose of "procuring...
Welcome to Woodlawn Cemetery
Woodlawn Cemetery had its beginnings in 1871 when local business owners met to discuss plans for a new cemetery. Land was purchased and in 1872 the first lot was sold to Christian and Frances Smith for the burial of their young son. Now a local landmark, Woodlawn Cemetery continues it’s long history of service to families. Current generations may purchase final resting sites for loved ones among Woodlawn’s beautiful acres.
Woodlawn Cemetery is open to visitors every day from dawn to dusk. Please respect the dignity of those buried here while enjoying the peaceful setting and scenery.